Monday, August 8, 2016

Why Should I Be Your Birth Doula?


"It is my belief that birth is a sacred experience.  
I am amazed and in awe by the birth process. 
I find so much joy and satisfaction in supporting and nurturing mothers 
during this magical experience"


Birth is such a unique experience for each couple. My doula and massage services are perfect for whatever birth experience you want to create. I love supporting women who want to have a natural childbirth, but I believe that medicated births are also an amazing experience. I have had much success using my doula skills; massage therapy, energy work and guided visualizations for women who want to have a natural childbirth. I have relieved a lot discomfort and stress. Birth can be beautiful experience with minimal pain.


My skills are also very beneficial for a woman who elects to us medication. Whether or not to use medication is a personal decision and no one can tell a woman what she should do for her birth. I honor couples choices for their birth and offer compassionate, non-judgmental support. Birth is such an amazing experience no matter what choices you make. It is such an honor for me to be invited to a couple's birth.
  
Giving birth with confidence means that you have the trusted support of an experienced Doula.  I have experience in hospitals, birth centers, and home settings. I have assisted women in natural childbirth, as well as births using pain management. I have assisted in twin births, lotus births, and water births. 


My massage therapy background can help alleviate some of the discomfort of natural childbirth.  Husbands love having someone else do the massage so that they can focus on giving their spouse loving support. My training in acupressure can help keep contractions regular as well as speed up the labor process. It can release endorphins that can take the edge of labor. It also releases oxytocin that can help prevent hemorrhaging after labor.


During our visits, I will help empower and prepare you for your birth.  I can help co-create a plan that is perfect for you. This may include: regular prenatal massages; finding appropriate childbirth classes; learning and practicing different techniques; and writing a birth plan. 



"Nothing is more important than the birth of your child. It should be an experience you will always cherish. As your Doula, I will support you in having the birth that you want, in the manner that you have chosen."



Tiffany Rose
Sweet Pea in the Pod
www.sweetpeainthepod.com

(928)963-1808
Sedona, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment